If you are enrolling in the esthetics program at Aveda, you may be wondering: “Should I choose to do the CIDESCO program, and is it really worth the extra time commitment?” The answer is yes.
Having a background of CIDESCO not only makes you more employable, it gives you a thorough understanding of the body and the skin.
What You Learn:
- In-depth anatomy of the body
- The importance of diet and nutrition
- body massage
- body machines including body galvanic, body faradic, endermology, lymphatic drainage, and G5
- body treatments and body wraps
- Advanced skin analysis including ways to tell a person’s dietary habits, lifestyle, and ethnicity based on the appearance of their skin
- Chemistry including molecular structure of ingredients, how products penetrate into the skin, and the importance of PH
- In-depth knowledge of ingredients, giving you the ability to pick up any product and know exactly what is in it and for which skin type it is formulated
- Machines for the face including galvanic, high frequency, face faradic, and lymphatic drainage
- Manicuring and disorders of the nails
- Eyelash and eyebrow tinting
Being a part of the CIDESCO program has given me valuable tools that I will carry with me through my entire career. It has allowed me to learn from seasoned estheticians who know all the secrets of the industry. It has given me the opportunity to travel and still be able to do what I love. I highly recommend it to anyone interested in esthetics.