Certain groups of people are very knowledgeable as to what chakra is and the purpose and benefits from these body mists.
Aveda has five different chakra scents:
Someone had to explain to me that, after smelling all five scents, the one that smells most pleasant to you is the one that you need most.
- Chakra 1 is located below the stomach. This one helps one feel more grounded to take care of our basic needs. This one will help those who need to slow down.
- Chakra 2 is located in the stomach. This one helps those feeling disconnected to themselves.
- Chakra 3 is located above the stomach. This is where we set our intentions and desires. This one will help with feelings of impatience and anxiety, or with mental blocks.
- Chakra 4 is located in the center or the heart. This is connected to feeling empathy and love for others around you. This one will help those who feel unconnected to people or depressed.
- Chakra 5 is located in the throat. This one helps those in need of help expressing themselves or getting into their creative mode.
I personally like all of the chakra scents, they all smell natural and earthy. For some, they may smell too strong or “unfeminine.” But I think everyone should give chakra a try. It works similarly to aroma therapy. So go to your closest Aveda shop and find out which chakra you are.