Wellness relieves your stress and anxiety while letting in confidence and pure happiness. It is about becoming one with your mind, body, and spirit. It can be expressed through many things like yoga, meditation, dancing, saying positive things out loud, and more. There are so many different dimensions of wellness, but the most important and common ones are social, emotional, spiritual, environmental, occupational, and physical wellness. There are different levels of stress that we may go through day to day, hour to hour, and need help to decompress. Each dimension of wellness needs to be addressed to complete wellness and to relieve your stress.
- Social wellness is the ability to maintain and establish a positive relationship. Whether it be a friend, family member, or significant other, it is important to connect and find that positive balance so that you can be a peace with your inner social wellness.
- Emotional wellness targets your inner emotions and challenges you to let them out. This wellness pushes you to let out your emotions and express whatever you may be feeling to truly find yourself and be accepting of who you are.
- Spiritual wellness is the ability to find peace and harmony in your life. Being able to have a belief and have confidence in it is a powerful thing.
- Environmental wellness means having respect for the environment generally and taking care of your surroundings. This is a good way to have a positive impact on something and to make you feel good about yourself.
- Occupational wellness involves finding a balance between your career and your personal life. Taking care of your work is a good thing but enjoying your life is important too.
- Physical wellness is the ability to live without any physical stress or anxiety. Things like stretching and yoga, or even mediation can help with physical wellness but, more importantly, all of the dimensions.
It is important to find time for wellness within your day as well as finding peace within yourself to perform your day with peace and happiness.