When I started making my own natural hair products, I read an article about essential oils and learned that they have so many different uses. It’s interesting what you can do with a few different oils!
- Natural all-purpose cleaner—Add a few drops of lemon oil and tea tree oil to warm water and use to spray counter tops to naturally disinfect.
- Natural mosquito repellent—Rub one drop each of lemongrass oil, citronella oil, and eucalyptus oil together with 1 teaspoon of coconut oil to make a natural bug spray.
- Sports gear—If your kids play sports, add two drops of tea tree oil, two drops of lemon essential oil, together with baking soda to jerseys, cleats, and other sports gear.
- Homemade peppermint patties—Use peppermint oil, coconut oil, dark chocolate, and raw honey to make real peppermint treats.
- Washing machine—Add 10 to 20 drops of your favorite scent per load.
- Vacuum cleaner—Add 5 to 10 drops of your favorite oil in the vacuum bag.
- Homemade sunscreen—Mix coconut oil, zinc oxide, Shea butter, helichrysum oil, and lavender essential oil and store in a squeeze bottle to make homemade sunscreen.
- Eliminate shower curtain scum—Using a 16-ounce spray bottle, use four drops of eucalyptus essential oil and four drops of tea tree oil together with warm water and spray onto your shower for natural mold killing action.
- Clean burnt pans—Use lemon oil and boiling water to help remove burnt food from pots and pans.
- Wonderful smelling home—Diffuse clove, rosemary, and orange essential oils when guests come over and they will talk about how amazing your house smells.
- Carpet cleaner—Mix 20 drops of tea tree oil with Borax for homemade carpet powder.
- Eliminate mold—Add tea tree oil to a diffuser to kill mold in the air and other pathogens.
- Reduce anxiety—Diffuse lavender essential oil around your home to reduce feelings of stress and tension.
- Reduce cellulite—Mix five drops of grapefruit essential oil with two teaspoons of coconut oil. Massage into dimpled areas.
- Acne face wash—Mix tea tree oil with raw honey and rub on face. Then rinse off with water.
- Homemade shampoo—Mix lavender oil, rosemary oil, aloe vera gel, and coconut milk.
- Sugar scrub—Mix a few drops of an essential oil with almond oil, and rock salt or sugar to make your own salt or sugar scrub.
- Homemade toothpaste—Combine sea salt, baking soda, coconut oil, xylitol, and peppermint essential oil
- Body spray—Add 5-10 drops to four ounces of water and use as a fragrant body spray.
- Itchy scalp—Add lavender, cedar wood, or basil to shampoo to reduce itch.
- Thicken hair—Add rosemary to your shampoo to naturally thicken hair and increase volume.
- Strengthen nails—Mix 10 drops of frankincense, myrrh, and lemon into two tablespoons of vitamin E oil, rub on cuticles.
- Reduce wrinkles—Mix three to five drops of sandalwood, geranium, lavender, and frankincense with an unscented lotion and apply to face. Avoid getting in your eyes.
- Teeth whitener—Combine lemon essential oil, coconut oil, and fresh strawberries then rub on teeth. Rinse after two minutes.
- Cure dandruff—Mix five drops of rosemary and lavender to three tablespoons of unscented oil. Massage into scalp and leave on for 10 minutes. Shampoo mixture out.
- Reduce stretch marks—mix five drops of frankincense, myrrh, and grapefruit with coconut oil and apply to stretch marks.
- Reduce age spots—Put on frankincense essential oil three times daily directly on skin to improve sunspots and age spots.
- For oily hair—Mix 10 drops of ylang ylang, lime, and rosemary oil with two ounces of unscented oil. Massage it into the scalp two to three times per week. Wash out as usual.
- Heal dry cracked feet—Add three drops of lavender oil to two tablespoons of coconut oil. Apply to feet at night and put on socks.
- Body butter lotion—Mix coconut oil, Shea butter, magnesium oil, and essential oils for moisturizing body lotion.
- Homemade lip balm—Combine coconut oil, beeswax, and lavender oil for an amazing healing balm for chapped lips.
- Relieve tension—Help to relieve anxiety by using a single drop of lavender oil on your hands, rub them together, and cup your hands to your nose, and let the smell flood your senses.
- Massage therapy—Use a few drops of cedar wood or lavender oil, mixed with an unscented lotion during a relaxation massage.
- Immediate relaxation—Apply two to four drops of chamomile, lavender, and peppermint essential oil to the temples for a cooling effect and immediate relaxation.
- Detox bath—Mix lavender oil, Epsom salts, and sea salt to a warm bath to cleanse and rejuvenate body.
- Sauna therapy—Add two drops of your favorite essential oil into two cups of water in a sauna.
- Calm upset child—Help sooth and calm children by adding lavender or chamomile to their stuffed animals.
- Foot bath—Add a few drops in a large bowl of warm water. Lemon or eucalyptus oil works great.
- Improve depression—To boost mood and relieve depression, add rose oil to baths, inhalations, and diffusers to improve mood.
- Yoga and Pilates—To relax during yoga or meditation, inhale lavender or sandalwood before class. Also, mix clove and citrus essential oil to clean yoga mats.
- Mint chocolate cocoa—Add two to three drops of peppermint oil to hot cocoa for instant minty chocolate.