Having guest speakers come in to share their words of wisdom is always such a delight. A huge idol of mine, James Vincent came in to talk with us. He’s a professional makeup artist, a beauty editor, an educator, and mentor. He gave a makeup demonstration that was phenomenal. I find him inspiring and feel lucky that I got a chance to meet him. He discussed “The Makeup Show” which I knew I had to attend. I bought tickets right away.
The show was over a weekend. A couple of girls and I made an awesome trip out of it. We sat in on a couple of great seminars. One was “Bridal Makeup” by Buntricia Bastian for Pinnacle Cosmetics. She was very informative. Some information I took away from that seminar were the zones of the face:
- Zone 1 is the hairline, and eye brow
- Zone 2 is the zygomatic arch, eyes, nose, and cheekbone
- Zone 3 is the lips, jawline, and chin
- Underneath the eyes is the driest spot on a woman’s skin.
- When working with older clients, use translucent powders.
Another great thing about the makeup show were all the products I got, and at great prices too!
If you have a chance to go, I highly recommend attending. I’m extremely grateful and happy I got to attend this show.