An ombre lip is basically a gradient effect in color. It smoothly transitions from one color to the next without any sharp lines being present. Ideally one shade should be darker that the other, if they are in the same color categories, so that you can really see the ombre effect. You can also pick two different colors; it’s your choice. Ombre lips are fun to wear and you can get really creative with the colors.
Here’s what you’ll need
- Two lip shades of your choice. One could be a liner and one a lipstick. That way your lipstick won’t bleed.
- Lip primer if you’re using two lipsticks
- Some sort of lip moisturizer like Vaseline
- Add the lip moisturizer to your lips and rub it in. You don’t want your lips to be super slippery. This also helps blending the colors together. If you have dry lips, it will be hard to blend.
- Take the darker color, which for me would be a lip liner, and outline your lips. Continue to build that lip liner into a thicker lip line. Leave the center free.
- Now, rub your lips together to get rid of any harsh lines.
- Take your lipstick and put in the blank center areas, try not to be too heavy-handed. Rub your lips together again.
- You basically repeat steps two and three until you get your desired ombre effect.
You can create an ombre lip with as many colors you can fit on your lips.