There are a couple of questions you want to ask yourself before purchasing any hair care products, including shampoo and conditioner. Ask yourself the same questions that your stylist asks you whenever you go into your salon for a service:
- Do you ever get scalp irritation or redness?
- Is your hair color-treated?
- Do you have dry or damaged hair?
- Is your hair starting to thin?
These are important to consider before choosing any products. The more you pay attention to your scalp and hair, the better equipped you will be to give yourself exactly what you need to look and feel good!
Here is a list of some of my favorite Aveda shampoos and conditioners, and what they are good for.
- Pure Abundance: This is the best shampoo and conditioner to use if you have limp hair and want volume. Its clay-based conditioner adds some grip to your hair and helps give it volume when styling.
- Color Conserve: Color Conserve is pretty self explanatory. This is best for color treated hair so that you can avoid premature fading.
- Invati: The Invati system reduces hair loss by a third and contains densiplex—a blend of Ayurvedic herbs, including turmeric and ginseng.
- Damage Remedy: Helps hair that has been damaged by color, chemicals, and heat styling. This product deep conditions the hair with quinoa protein.
- Smooth Infusion: If you struggle with frizzy hair or fly-aways, this is the shampoo and conditioner for you. It moisturizes, reduces frizz, and softens hair up to sixty percent.
- Scalp Benefits: This is a balancing shampoo that’s great for anyone who suffers from dandruff or an oily scalp. It provides a deep clean, and removes excess sebum and buildup.