Some people think, “Oh, facials are just for girls!” Or maybe, “It’s not for me.” Well think again! When I hear facial, I hear skin care. Well, everyone has skin and everyone should be taking care of their skin. After all, it’s the human body’s largest organ and it’s our first line of defense. Facials literally help us from the outside in, and with proper help from a professional Esthetician, results can be seen, if not immediately, then in just a couple weeks.
Here are just a few of the reasons why everyone should be getting facials:
- Facials increase circulation of the blood under the skin which promotes the renewal of skin cells.
- By working and properly massaging the lymphatic system that lies just under the skin, facials decrease waste underneath the skin that can cause puffiness, redness, and fluid build up. Facials also aid in detoxification.
- A good facial and facial massage can help smooth fine lines and promote collagen production, which is key to preventing premature aging, wrinkles, and sagging.
- A facial cleanses the pores on a deep level. Even non-acneic skin can use a good deep cleanse. Extractions and cleaning out the pores can help to maintain clear skin, stop acne from producing, and can help to change the pore’s size. Sometimes, when pores are left unchecked, they can start to stretch and widen with the build-up of oil and dirt. Please do not attempt to extract or pick at your own skin unless you are a professional and know how to do it properly; you could be at risk of scarring and infection.
- Facials provide deeper exfoliation than you can achieve at home. Exfoliation smoothes skin, allows for greater penetration of products including moisturizers or serums, unclogs pores, improves the skin’s ability to retain hydration, and evens skin tone.
Now doesn’t that sound like facials benefit everyone?