I know we can always buy scrubs at a store for convenience but it’s always fun to do it yourself from time to time. And also, a lot of times, you don’t really find that one scrub or product you are looking for. So here is a quick and easy lemon and sugar face and body scrub for you to try.
This is what you’ll need:
- ½ fresh lemon
- ½ cup of granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of organic honey
- 1 medium-sized Tupperware bowl with lid
Add lemon juice and olive oil into a bowl. I like to use glass Tupperware as it makes for easy storage.
Add the honey and whisk or stir quickly until the ingredients bind together into a medium thick consistency.
Add in the sugar and mix. If you sense that there is not enough sugar to get the scrubbing done, add a bit more. Again, this is a personal preference.
You can add or subtract the amount of olive oil and honey that you use depending on how thick you want your scrub to be. I would keep the lemon to the juice of one half of a freshly cut lemon for every ½ cup of granulated sugar.
Benefits of the Ingredients:
- Lemon—A natural source of Vitamin C; an ingredient commonly used to lighten sun and age spots and even out skin tone; A natural astringent that tightens pores and brightens the complexion.
- Sugar—A natural exfoliator; a natural source of glycolic acid which evens out skin tone, cleans pores, and improves overall skin texture by removing dead, dull skin cells.
- Olive Oil—High in Vitamin E which soothes and heals skin; a natural moisturizing ingredient often used for its anti-aging benefits.
- Honey—A natural source of anti-oxidants making it a perfect ingredient for age prevention; a natural humectant so it locks water into the skin keeping the complexion hydrated; the antibacterial properties benefit acne-prone skin by reducing breakouts.
Well, now that you’ve gotten the ingredients and the great benefits, I hope you try it and enjoy making it. It sure saves you a whole lot of money!