When life is getting too hectic and you need to wind down, there are few things more relaxing than a warm bath. The warmth of the water with your body submerged in it makes a bath relaxing. But what makes a bath good for your skin are the ingredients you add to it.
You can easily create your own bath soak recipe from pantry ingredients. Aim to add ingredients that appeal to your senses, are good for your skin, and have the proper consistency for bathwater.
All the ingredients to this bath soak have a purpose. Milk works to both hydrate and soften skin. Baking soda is a great detoxifier and also helps to alkalize the body. The combination of jasmine and ylang-ylang, provide soothing and relaxing aromas.
Here’s a DIY bath recipe that will leave your skin baby soft!
Benefits of this Bath
- Relieves Stress
- Rejuvenates tired skin
- Detoxifies body
- Helps sooth tired or aching muscles
- Helps soften dry or dehydrated skin
- 1 cup organic whole milk
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (in jojoba oil)
- 6 drops ylang-ylang
- 6 drops jasmine
- Cook the milk, baking soda, honey, and vanilla over low heat until warm.
- Remove from heat. Add the ylang ylang and the jasmine, then stir them all together.
- Pour mixture into bathwater. Enjoy for up to twenty minutes.