When I started attending school here at the Cinta Aveda Institute, I wasn’t exactly sure where I wanted to be when I got done with the program. One of the reasons I decided to start with the Cosmetology program is because I felt it would open me up to a whole world of possibilities. There are a whole world of career options to choose from that are all covered under the umbrella of the cosmetology license and give the licensee tremendous choice between possible careers in the industry.
- Most people that graduate from the cosmetology program will most likely go on to be stylists, color specialists, cutting specialists, general hairdressers, or maybe even salon owners.
- Cosmetologists that want to work hands-on with the public can also become manicurists, skin care specialists, or makeup artists.
- Those that love to teach can become a brand ambassador, institute instructor, or master stylist and educator at a salon.
- Those who like to work on their own terms can become a freelance stylist.
- Those who love the glitz and glam of Hollywood might be suited to movie styling or editorial photo shoot styling.
- You can also get a job in theater, the fashion industry, as a platform stylist, sales representative, or at a hotel or resort.
Whatever your passion or skill set, a cosmetology license can give you the credentials to achieve your goals in the beauty industry.