A trend in hair styling recently has been braiding. Braids are everywhere and there are so many different types! Braiding can be very hard for some people, but it just takes some coordination and patience.
The best place to search for and learn how to do all different types of braids is YouTube. You can get step by step visual tutorials on how to create the look your going for. The different types of braids being advertised are: french, fishtail, waterfall, twisted, english braid (standard) and corn rows. Each braid has a time and place for every event! Click the links below to be directed to a Youtube video on each braid!
- French braids are very common and they create a pulled back, elegant style. I love having french braids put in my hair and wearing my hair wavy the following day! You can wear a single french braid or multiple french braids.
- The fishtail braid is actually very easy to do once you get it down. I had a hard time to start but caught on fairly quick. These braids are awesome and resemble the tail of some fish, hence the name! Fish tails are done by holding two strands, as opposed to the standard three.
- Waterfall braids are trending like crazy, they are so beautiful and give a look that looks like you really spent time when maybe you didn’t! its almost the same as french braiding, except every pass over you leave out a strand and pick up a new one.
- Twisted braids are done with two strands like a fish tail, and are extremely easy to create for a quick run-out-of-the-house style!
- English braids are your standard, old-school, three strand braid. They are very easy to create and are perfect for getting your hair out of the way fast with some style.
- The last braid I mentioned are cornrows which are used for weaving in extensions, or they can create a tight to the head braided hairstyle.
Braids are often used now with up-do’s and wedding hairstyles, as well as simply french braiding your fringe backward to get it out of your face! Have fun with these different types of braids!
The Cinta Aveda Creative Team recently did a Braid Bar event at Madewell for Fashion’s Night Out. Check out the photo album HERE.