I love lemon water! I love it not only for its taste but also for its benefits. Most people don’t really know how great lemon water is for you.
Lemons are packed with nutrients such as vitamin C, B-complex vitamins, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, and fiber. It’s interesting to realize that they contain more potassium than apples or grapes!
Some of the benefits of lemon water are:
- gives your immune system a boost with the vitamin C
- excellent potassium for your heart’s health
- aids digestion
- cleans your system by flushing out the toxins
- helps freshen your breath with citric acid
- keeps your skin blemish free with antioxidants
- helps you lose weight because of the pectin fiber in the lemon
- reduces inflammation
- gives you an energy boost
- helps to cut out caffeine
- helps fight viral infections
Not only are the benefits of lemon water endless, but it’s one of the most substantial yet simple changes you can make for your health.