With beauty school you earn all kind of beauty, such as make up, waxing, nails, a basic facial, tweezing etc. Well I think my favorite out of all of these is make up.
I have learned so much from YouTube, the internet and going into sephora and Mac. One thing that I did not know was how to apply and in which order. All I wore was powder foundation, mascara and eye liner.
Foundation has become my favorite thing as well as eye shadow application. People always wonder why it looks so “cake-y.” It could be a number of reasons. They may put on powder foundation and then a liquid/cream concealer or they just simply put way too much make up on. So I will tell you the correct way to apply foundation and the rest of your makeup.
- Have a clean and moisturized face.
- Apply your liquid foundation, as much 1-2 layers depending on the coverage.
- Apply your concealer, to your under eye area, and any blemishes you wish to conceal.
- Apply your setting powder or your foundation, depending on the coverage.
- Go into your contouring and highlighting. Make sure your contour is not shimmery, because then it defeats the purpose of contouring. Contouring is for making something look farther away. Shimmer does the complete opposite. It’s okay for your bronzer and highlight to have shimmer though.
Make sure your contour color is a mate brown color. You could even use a foundation that is two to three shades darker than your skin tone.