I first heard about the Cinta Aveda Institute from my current roommate, Nora Romick, who attended the Institute in 2013. She is one of the reasons I took a tour and decided to pursue a career in the Beauty Industry.
Nora graduated from the Cosmetology Program in July of 2013, and has since gone on to assist at many high profile salons here in San Francisco. Since Nora has been so successful I have decided to share her wisdom here on this very blog.
- Why did you choose to attend Cinta Aveda Institute?
- I toured a lot of schools—Marinello, Alameda Beauty College, and Paul Mitchell. I chose Cinta Aveda because of the flexible schedule, and the price was lower than many of the other schools. And I liked Aveda’s mission.
- What was your favorite memory or experience while attending school?
- Halloween. Because it’s always fun to dress up, and we got to do hair while in costume. One of my classmates did a grandma’s hair while in a hotdog suit. I dressed up as one of my teachers named Joel.
- What advice would you give to someone looking for a job right out of school?
- Interview at multiple salons because it’s hard to tell what a salon will really be like until you’re there. Extern as much as you can, and go to the Career Fairs. You meet so many salon owners.