When I started the Esthetician program, one of the things I was looking forward to was learning how to wax, specifically a Brazilian wax. For those who don’t know, a Brazilian wax is when all the hair is removed in the pubic area, front and back. Here are some tips to ease anyone on having this service performed for the first time.
1) Even though it is possible, avoid having a Brazilian wax before or during your period due to pain sensitivity.
2) Let your hair grow to a ¼ inch in order for the wax to grab better.
3) Before the service, exfoliate the area to release any hairs trapped under a layer of dead skin cells.
4) If you would like to reduce the pain, you can take a pain reliever 45 minutes before your waxing appointment.
5) Remember to breathe and relax during the service, tensing up makes it worse.
6) Do not wear any tight clothing or do anything that will cause any friction or sweat in your waxed area for the next 24 hours.
7) After the first 48 hours, exfoliate your waxed area to avoid ingrown hairs
8) Don’t shave in between your Brazilian waxing services.