There are so many different face cleansers on the market? How do you know which one is best for you and your skin type? Here is a general breakdown and description of some of the different type of cleansers available:
1) Foaming: Foaming cleansers are great for someone with oily-prone skin. They work up to a nice lather, with little amount of product. However, they can tend to be quite drying sometimes, so if you have dryer skin, it is not recommended.
2) Non Foaming: Non-foaming cleansers generally come in a gel or lotion, and are great for someone with dry or sensitive skin. These are the most gentle cleanser, however it is one of the most ineffective for removing stubborn makeup or sunscreen–so make sure you also have a makeup remover!
3) Oil Cleansers: Oil cleansers are generally the most deep cleaning cleansers. They will remove make-up, dirt, and even water-proof sunscreen.
4) Cream cleansers: Great for someone with dry skin who wants to keep their skin looking and feeling moisturized after washing it.
5) Gel: A gel cleanser is cool and refreshing and great for someone with combination or oily skin. If you lather up with this cleanser, it will take off makeup and debris without drying the skin.
6) Scrubs: Scrubs are the deepest cleanse you can get in your own sink. You want to use a scrub only twice a week to remove any build up on your skin and in your pores. Make sure when shopping for a scrub cleanser to look for something with round beads so you they do not scratch your skin.